Turkey / İzmir Barbaros Village, Heritage of Water Culture Project
“Heritage of Water Culture Project” analyzes the cycle of water; it pursues the relationship between human and water and the culture emerged as a result of this relationship. It explores the tangible and intangible objects that we define as heritage of water culture; interprets them through nature art, revives local memory and invites us to dream of novel ways of relationship with water. The Nature Art Exhibition, which will be held within the scope of the “Heritage of Water Culture Project”will be carried out in the Barbaros Village of Izmir, Turkey. It aims to connect with the source, flow, its relationship with human, recent context and historical roots of water.
WHO CAN APPLY
It is open to the participation of all artists and artist groups from all around the world who are interested in or work in the field of Land Art, Environmental Art, Nature Art, Earth Art. Works should be suitable with the subject and aim of the project.
Artists will upload their works via this form, please read submission information below:
- Your digital file must be a high resolution image of not less than 300 dpi.
- For video works, the duration should not be longer than 1 minute; you may upload it to Youtube and send a link or share it via Wetransfer.
- You are expected to include a short “Artist Statement” describing what your art, creative process and/or theme vibrates to you. (200 words maximum)
- Your digital file must include these informations: “Artists’ name/surname, The Name of your Work, The Place, Date”
- The size of your digital file must be less than 400 MB.
- If you are submitting more than 1 application, you must create a separate entry for each.
- You can make max. 2 applications.
A certificate of participation will be provided at the end of the exhibition to the owners of the selected works.
The selected works will be printed and digitally prepared for the exhibition by the project team.
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION
31 October 2021, 00:00 (GMT+03:00)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
8 November 2021
20 November – 10 December 2021
Online exhibition will be held on social media channels with no date limit
Mimas Art Gallery
The works to be exhibited will be evaluated and selected by the Patika Art group in terms of suitability for the exhibition theme. Group members;
Aysun ÖZ, Artist
E. Oktay DEĞİRMENCİ,Artist
SEMA OKAN TOPAÇ,Artist
This project is funded and supported by Spaces of Culture.